JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITES
Our client is are a full service independent Digital Marketing agency with offices in London, New York and Lagos founded in 2003 combining advertising and consulting services to generate return on investment for our clients. Our clients include brands such as Avis Europe, Cass Business School, SuperBreak, Viridor, Pierre & Vacances. As a team we foster diversity and independent thinking, focusing our work on the delivery of: 1) service that clients love 2) specialised knowledge and, 3) bespoke marketing solutions that generate ROI.
ROLE SUMMARY & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will require you to take a hands-on attitude, be highly organised and be able to work under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines. You must also possess the flexibility to work well on your own as well as within a team.
With the aim of maximising our services to our clients, the Client Planner will manage multiple lines of business within a single client relationship or for multiple clients, and develop strong client relationships to manage campaigns. You will have a responsibility to understand the digital communications landscape, capable of considering both client and agency issues at a campaign level to help you to lead accounts. Have the ability to demonstrate a core understanding of display advertising, affiliate marketing, social media, search PPC marketing, mobile advertising, communications and the systems and technologies associated with delivering these channels.
As the client lead you will manage end-to-end campaign delivery, internal resource allocation and costs with a view towards profitability for the agency. You will be able to quickly identify with the needs of our clients and provide a personalised level of service. Key areas of direct responsibility include:
- Clients: grow, nurture and strengthen existing client relationships
- People: manage project team, while serving as inspiration for all team members
- Financials: supporting Account Director in management of P&L’s
- Act as a key point of contact for assigned clients and their campaign activity, with a heavy focus on media
- Work closely with designers in the developments of display creative, microsites and other creative projects
- Stay abreast of trends in the digital sector and disseminate information to clients/internal teams accordingly
- Co-ordinate the team to manage campaigns, actively participate in team status meetings and perform administrative tasks
- Support Account Director in creation, implementation and management of Account Planning meetings and development of Client Plans
- Support Account Director in identifying clients requirements and develop accountable programs to deliver business results whilst driving client innovation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The sucessful candidate will be experienced in an ad agency as an account manager. The role requires someone with experience who can hit the ground running and is looking to reach the next stage, rather than training them up to reach Client Planner level.
We require someone with a proven account management record, in particular this person will need to manage a close-knit team very closely, and handle demanding clients.
- Proven experience managing digital campaigns and clients
- Exemplary client service skills, with the ability to maintain client relationships
- Proven collaboration skills and a talent for people management
- Excellent management skills; including project management, communication and team building skills
Someone who knows digital marketing from a media perspective
- Creative is beneficial too!
- Most likely someone who has worked in an ad agency
- Someone who has managed digital marketing campaigns
- Channels like display, Google search or affiliates, probably working to ROI-driven goals
- Familiar with systems such as adservers (e.g. DoubleClick), web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics), planning tools (e.g. ComScore) - though perhaps not as familiar as a media planner would be
- He or she cannot effectively lead the team without this knowledge
- Good people skills to manage the team and clients
- Bonus Scheme: Up to 15% performance tied bonus of gross annual salary
- Statutory Annual Leave and Sick Pay Scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme