To maintain overall internal accountability for, and support of, your designated external sales representative(s) and their client base, through working pro-actively on projects as assigned by the Account Manager(s), the Client Services Manager and as required by other members of the Management Team. Though not exclusively, responsibilities will include the general day to day support of the allocated member(s) of the sales team, product sourcing, negotiating with suppliers and customers, attendance at client meetings, researching, analysing, planning, documenting, adhering to procedures, communicating both internally and externally, and processing sales orders from quotation through to invoicing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Account Executive is the primary contact for the assigned clients and works with Account Managers, Programme Managers and the Programme Customer Service Executives to pro-actively manage the relationship for clients.
- Work as a team with your Account Manager(s) working on key enquiries and delivering internal and external requirements to maximize sales opportunities, closure of enquiries and account retention.
- Receive, handle and pro-actively resolve (new) client enquiries/requests for quotations by phone, e-mail and web, making sure you involve the relevant Account Managers as required.
- Support the Purchasing Manager and Sales Team by interacting strategically with preferred suppliers to source new and innovative products and fabrics. This requirement relates to specific day-to-day enquiries and seeking new innovation to speculatively propose through your account portfolio.
- Work creatively with suppliers on pricing and negotiation, lead-time, product validity and generation of critical paths to ensure a timely and suitable delivery.
- Understanding of the company’s Digital Asset Management system and ensure an adherence to SPP and client brand guidelines at all times.
- Co-ordinate account servicing and fulfilment from initial enquiry through written quotations, raising purchase orders, sales orders and invoicing.
- Other duties may be assigned in line with business requirements.
- "Can-do" cooperative approach
- Adapt and embrace change that is made to improve the business
- Passionate about customer service
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
Daily interaction with departmental peers, managers (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, Client Services and Warehouse Personnel, etc) and preferred vendors regarding customer requests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Educated to graduate degree level
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service/sales support experience required
- Catalogue experience strongly desired
- Previous customer contact and sales experience desired
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow through
- Merchandising sector experience preferable
- Proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of inventory planning and stock control
- Eye for detail
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills (including time-management skills)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build vendor and client relationships
- Team player
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks do not expose employee to physically unpleasant or hazardous conditions.